CDC-Rwanda began transitioning financial and technical responsibilities for HIV clinical services at 76 Health Facilities from international NGOs to MoH-Rwanda in 2010, with all transitioned by February 2012. Financial and clinical performance of transitioned sites is monitored every 6 months.
MOH-Rwanda and HEALTHQUAL developed a clinic-level QI program in March 2011 to help maintain the quality of clinical care.
- Improve and sustain quality of HIV/AIDS clinical services at health centers and district hospitals.
- Build national capacity in quality management
- Integrate QI in the existing clinical mentorship system
- Coordinates, monitors implementation
- Selects sites for inclusion based on transition monitoring data & priorities of MoH
Phased approach to implementation
- 9 sites in first phase, 15 more to be added in May 2012